View teaching resources...
Florida Undergraduate Research Council
Council on Undergraduate Research - Learning Through Research
The Qualtrics Success Kit contains useful tools developed by leading researchers to help you address today's most pressing research challenges along with survey templates that can be use immediately.
Research Experiences for Undergraduates by the National Science Foundation
Making the Most of Small Scale Research by Stanford's Center for Teaching and Learning
IRB Information and Forms
Understanding the IRB tutorial
UT's Institutional Review Board Web page for required forms
Zotero is a free and open-source citation manager. Watch this demo on Zotero.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network.
Refworks is an online research management, writing and collaboration tool with tutorials located on the UT Library Web page.
Directory of Open Access Journals has a large number of freely accessible and shareable journals and articles on a range of topics. You can browse subjects also.
Technology Tools and Apps
- Online communication using VoiceThread, a Web-based platform that allows online group communication.
- Making handouts with notes from PowerPoint.
- Jing: A Tool for Screen and Video Capture allows you to select any part of your screen for ease of copying.
- Poll Everywhere: Using Mobile Response Technology with ease in the classroom during presentations.
- Embedding YouTube Videos into PowerPoint
- Twitter Shortcuts and Advanced Features
- Canva: An Amateur Graphic Design Tool
- Tagxedo: Multiple uses for this word cloud tool
- Shortening Long URLs
- Video: Starting a blog on Wordpress
- Video: Using Prezi to Present as an alternative to PowerPoint.
- Socrative student assessment tool - laptops, tablets and smartphone accessible
- Teacherkit: An app to keep up with attendance and grades
- Story Map is a free tool to help you tell stories on the Web that highlight the locations of a series of events. It's a great way to integrate and make public research and writing for the Web.
Teaching, Learning and Sharing: How Today’s Higher Education Faculty Use Social Media
Mike Moran, Jeff Seaman, Ph.D., Hester Tinti-Kane
Exam Wrappers: Helping Your Students to Learn
Exam wrappers are short questionnaires that students complete when an exam is returned to them. These exam wrappers direct students to review their performance (and the instructor’s feedback) with an eye toward adapting their future learning.
Sample Exam Wrapper
Blogs and Wikis as Instructional Tools
Jude Higdon and Chad Topaz, 2009
Video: What is a blog?
Using Graphic Organizers to Improve Teaching and Learning
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 2012
Integrated Course Designs
L. Dee Fink
University of Oklahoma, 2005
Twelve Tips for using Podcasts in Medical Education
Medical Teacher, 2009
Twelve Tips for the use of a White Board in Clinical Teaching
Medical Teacher, 2007
The Pen is Mightier than the Keyboard: Advantages of Longhand over Laptop Note Taking
Pam Mueller and Daniel Oppenheimer
Psychological Science, 2014