The Dean of Students Diversity Advisory Group is a forum for the Dean of Students and other administrators to hear directly from students about their experiences to better advocate for a more inclusive learning environment that supports unique perspectives and values differences.
- The Advisory Group is co-chaired by the Dean of Students and a student.
- The Provost and the chair of the Faculty Diversity Committee serve as ex-officio members of the group.
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about diversity and inclusion and willing to share their experiences with others are eligible to apply.
- Based on the topic of each meeting, invited guests are welcome to attend.
- The next application period will open in January 2019.
- The Advisory Group meets monthly for an hour and a half over lunch.
- Meetings are typically the first Monday of the month from noon–1:30 p.m.
If you have any campus concerns related to diversity and inclusion that you would like the Dean of Students Diversity Advisory Group to discuss, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.