The Dickey Health and Wellness Center
at The University of Tampa offers basic health care services, wellness
services and health information for preventing illness and maintaining
an energetic life.
Medical Services The University of Tampa Student Health Center is committed to actions that benefit the community, as well as engage in activities that better others. The medical clinic provides a full range of services including preventative care and episodic health care to all currently enrolled students.
Student Health Services:
- Pharmacy: The health center maintains an in-house dispensing pharmacy that contains approximately 40 medications to treat common illnesses. There is a copay of $10 or $15 for each medication dispensed.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health: Contraceptive counseling, pregnancy testing and STI testing
- Women's Health: Well Woman gynecological and breast exams, pap smears
- Episodic Care: The common cold, mononucleosis, sore throats, urinary tract infections, ear infections, minor injuries, dermatological conditions including acne, rashes, etc
- Rapid Laboratory Testing: Strep throat, mono, influenza, pregnancy and urinalysis
Counseling Services, located in the Dickey Health and Wellness Center directly behind Austin Hall, provides counseling to all full-time students.
The Wellness Center offers an array of activities and events throughout the academic year that are geared toward enhancing the physical and mental wellness of students.