Leadership in action: Leadership Exchange
Kennesaw State University
Participants will engage in a six-month exploration of leadership, service and the social issues of homelessness and poverty as they exist in
Tampa and Kennesaw/Atlanta, GA. Student partnerships will be made and, through these collaborative
relationships, a team project focused on homelessness will be completed. Students will engage in a series of leadership sessions related to these
areas over the sixth-month long experience. Students will connect with Kennesaw State students on immersion weekends in Tampa and Kennesaw.
Leadership Exchange Objectives
- Students will build relationships with students from another institution.
- Students will develop a better understanding of self.
- Students will develop a better understanding of the social issues of homelessness and poverty.
- Students will engage in an immersion project focused on homelessness and poverty.
- Students will learn how to effectively work within a team in a very autonomous environment.
Who can apply to participate?
Open-minded individuals looking for a unique experience to challenge themselves both as leaders and individuals.
Successful students who will be creative and have a sincere commitment to this program. This is not a credited course, but participants will be
required to attend several mandatory workshops over the year.